FX Webinars Weekly Overview – April 5–9
Published on Apr 05th, 2021 by José Martins Rocha
Considering this past week, we’ve seen the USD continuing to gain ground against the EUR, with the EUR/USD reaching levels of November/2020. This was mainly due to the growing confidence that the U.S. economy having increasingly better expectations of fast recovery when comparing with the Euro-zone, but also due to the rise of the 10-year yield.
This coming week, probably we will continue to see the trend of the USD rising against the rest of major currencies. The NFPs data was released on Good Friday, when the markets were closed, with the employments rising 916k against the expectations of 647k. Also, the unemployment rate dropped to 6%, and with the worries of inflation still far away, we will probably continue to see the EUR/USD reaching below the 1,17 level.
Despite all these movements, do not forget that there are market events and data releases that could affect forex pairs during the week, and shift investors’ sentiment (all times set in UTC):
- Mon, 05/04/2021, 14:00 – USD – ISM Services PMI
- Tue, 06/04/2021, 04:30 – AUD – RBA Interest Rate Decision
- Tue, 06/04/2021, 04:30 – AUD – RBA Rate Statement
- Wed, 07/04/2021, 08:30 – GBP – Composite PMI (Mar)
- Wed, 07/04/2021, 08:30 – GBP – Services PMI (Mar)
- Wed, 07/04/2021, 18:00 – USD – FOMC Minutes
- Thu, 08/04/2021, 11:30 – EUR – ECB Monetary Policy Statement
- Thu, 08/04/2021, 16:00 – USD – Fed’s Chair Powell speech
- Fri, 09/04/2021, 01:30 – CNY – Consumer Price Index (YoY) (Mar)
- Fri, 09/04/2021, 12:30 – CAD – Unemployment Rate (Mar)
- Fri, 09/04/2021, 12:30 – CAD – Net Change in Employment (Mar)
Finally, don’t forget to check our listed forex webinars, which we hope that will fit your needs, and have a wonderful week!