FX Webinars Weekly Overview – February 22–26
Published on Feb 21st, 2021 by José Martins Rocha
Considering this past week, the USD continued losing ground against other major currencies, notably against the GBP, AUD, and NZD, with a negative weekly difference of 1,2%, 1,5% and 1,05%, respectively. Against the EUR, the USD mainly lost the what gained until the middle of the week, finish at around 1,2110, probably mainly due to week data of Initial Jobless Claims (861K vs. Expected 765K).
With investors expecting some news in the coming weeks for Great Britain economy start reopening, the recovery of E.U., Australia and New Zealand, probably we will remain seeing the USD losing ground other major currencies. These exogenous variables to the U.S. economy, combined with the endogenous variables of the dovish view from the Fed, and the stimulus package from Biden, will most likely only accelerate the devaluation of the USD in the near future.
Despite all these major economic movements, do not forget that there are market events and data releases that could affect forex pairs during the week, and shift investors’ sentiment (all times set in UTC):
- Mon, 22/02/2021, 01:30 – CNY – PBoC Interest Rate Decision
- Mon, 22/02/2021, 12:00 – GBP – UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson speech
- Mon, 22/02/2021, 13:45 – EUR – ECB’s President Lagarde speech
- Mon, 22/02/2021, 21:45 – NZD – Retail Sales (QoQ) (Q4)
- Tue, 23/02/2021, 07:00 – GBP – Claimant Count Change (Jan)
- Tue, 23/02/2021, 07:00 – GBP – ILO Unemployment Rate (3M) (Dec)
- Tue, 23/02/2021, 17:30 – CAD – BoC’s Governor Macklem speech
- Wed, 24/02/2021, 01:00 – NZD – RBNZ Rate Statement
- Wed, 24/02/2021, 01:00 – NZD – RBNZ Interest Rate Decision
- Wed, 24/02/2021, 01:00 – NZD – Monetary Policy Statement
- Wed, 24/02/2021, 02:00 – NZD – RBNZ Press Conference
- Wed, 24/02/2021, 15:00 – USD – Fed’s Chair Powell testifies
- Thu, 25/02/2021, 13:30 – USD – Durable Goods Orders (Jan)
- Thu, 25/02/2021, 13:30 – USD – Nondefense Capital Goods Orders ex Aircraft (Jan)
- Thu, 25/02/2021, 13:30 – USD – Gross Domestic Product Annualized (Q4)
- Fri, 26/02/2021, 08:00 – CHF – Gross Domestic Product s.a. (QoQ) (Q4)
Finally, don’t forget to check our listed forex webinars, which we hope that will fit your needs, and have a wonderful week!