FX Webinars Weekly Overview – March 29–April 2
Published on Mar 28th, 2021 by José Martins Rocha
Considering this past week, we’ve seen the USD gaining all other currencies, with the Dollar Index Futures rising already 3,14% YTD. Although the yields calmed a little, mainly due to the falling expectations of rising interest rates, the low effective vaccination campaign in Europe is not helping the EUR.
This coming week, we’ll have a calm week, mainly because of Easter. We’ll have to see how the market reacts of the CPI figures in Europe, and also if the markets have any kind of reactions to the possible tax rates increases, with the economic speech of President Joe Biden to be held on Tuesday. Also, we will have the NFPs on Friday, but with the market closed, we’ll have to wait for major reactions (if any) on next Monday.
Despite all these movements, do not forget that there are market events and data releases that could affect forex pairs during the week, and shift investors’ sentiment (all times set in UTC):
- Tue, 30/03/2021, 12:00 – EUR – Harmonized Index of Consumer Prices (YoY) (Mar)
- Wed, 31/03/2021, 01:00 – CNY – Non-Manufacturing PMI (Mar)
- Wed, 31/03/2021, 01:00 – CNY – NBS Manufacturing PMI (Mar)
- Wed, 31/03/2021, 06:00 – GBP – Gross Domestic Product (QoQ) (Q4)
- Wed, 31/03/2021, 09:00 – EUR – Consumer Price Index – Core (YoY) (Mar)
- Wed, 31/03/2021, 09:00 – EUR – Consumer Price Index (YoY) (Mar)
- Wed, 31/03/2021, 12:00 – USD – President Biden speech
- Wed, 31/03/2021, 12:15 – USD – ADP Employment Change (Mar)
- Wed, 31/03/2021, 23:50 – JPY – Tankan Large Manufacturing Index (Q1)
- Thu, 01/04/2021, 00:30 – AUD – Trade Balance (MoM) (Feb)
- Thu, 01/04/2021, 00:30 – AUD – Retail Sales s.a. (MoM) (Feb)
- Thu, 01/04/2021, 06:00 – EUR – Retail Sales (YoY) (Feb)
- Thu, 01/04/2021, 14:00 – USD – ISM Manufacturing PMI (Mar)
- Fri, 02/04/2021, 12:30 – USD – Nonfarm Payrolls (Mar)
Finally, don’t forget to check our listed forex webinars, which we hope that will fit your needs, and have a wonderful week!